Happy New Year!
It has been quite some time since I have last made an appearance. As always, I am going to blame my lack of external writing on the fact that I write for eight hours a day. Well, I cannot really blame my lack of writing on my job because then I would not be taking responsibility for my actions. I have never been one to pass the blame, or avoid it for that matter.
So there, I said it. I did not feel like writing when I was released from my Technical Writing duties for the day. Sometimes the software just sticks in my brain and I start writing sentences that refer to Java support, or something along those lines.
But this post is not about the fact that I have not written in quite a few months. This post is actually about what I plan to accomplish in the lovely year of 2014. I do understand that it is January 16th, but it is never too late to start the New Year. Here are my plans for 2014, and most are already in motion.
- Write my novel.
- Travel to Europe (it has been a while since I have been back).
- Move somewhere warm (I am tired of the winter months).
- Actually keep up with external writing.
- Get back to my college weight (which means that I will need an overly busy schedule and lots of places to run off to because I never once hit a treadmill in college).
- Finish the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. Currently, I am reading The Well of Ascension, and it is pretty swell!
- Attend the Steampunk World’s Fair in New Jersey.
Well, that is all that I can think of at the moment. It always seems like one year will last forever, but it passes in a blink of an eye. I should know this already, but sometimes I need Tempest to slap me in the face. And it has been doing that for a few months now.
I think it is about time that I listen.
Good luck in 2014!